- Michigan World Language Association (MIWLA) https://miwla.org
- Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CSCTFL) http://www.csctfl.org
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) http://www.actfl.org
Useful Resources for the Classroom
- NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements Help learners identify what they need to do to function at a specific level of proficiency, help educators plan curriculum, units of instruction, and daily lessons to help learners improve their performance and reach a targeted level of proficiency. Through multiple opportunities to show that they “can do” in classroom formative and summative assessment, unit by unit, learners collect the evidence that points toward a specific proficiency level.
- ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages Clarifies and better illustrates the five “C” goal areas and 11 standards in order to guide implementation and influence assessment, curriculum, and instruction.
- Deutschland.de Portal A portal on all things German, Deutschland.de was launched in 2012 at the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin. It provides content in seven languages and specifically targets users abroad.
- Germany in Class With bi-monthly updates on German language news and free lesson plans, “Germany in Class” is a great classroom resource. The newsletters keep German and social studies teachers as well as study abroad advisors informed about study abroad opportunities, scholarships, and contests.
- Deutschland Nachrichten The German-language newsletter “Deutschland-Nachrichten” delivers the news from Germany to your inbox every Monday. If you are a German living in America or an American who wants to keep up with Germany and practice your German, sign up for the “Deutschland-Nachrichten” to stay in touch.
- http://www.tivi.de/ Webpage for ZDF kids programming. It offers authentic material for learners in a bold, colorful format. Logo offers news on a variety of topics. You can stream television episodes as well as feature movie specials. Much more to discover.